How about a super blurry selfie modelled shot? I'm expecting it to look a bit different once it's been blocked, but you can see the general shape of the garment.
Once the sleeves were finished, I moved on to the last big knitted element - the hood! Working the hood requires you to collect stitches on hold and pick up new stitches, from the front button band edges, up along the shaped fronts, and across the back. (Bonus cat hair in the photo! Thank you, cat, for spreading your body hair all over everywhere.)
Then there's a sea of seed stitch to work!
The hood requires quite a lot of yarn, so I ended up unravelling my swatch to reclaim the 30+g it had used up. Here's the swatch yarn unravelled...
...and after a soak and air dry! Much better.
I'm so looking forward to having the finished sweater available to wear, because it's been quite cold lately (cold for my corner of the country, anyway). But I'll also be a tiny bit sad when the knitting is done. This piece has really been a pleasure to knit, and the yarn is an absolute favourite. I'll be looking for more hard-wearing, lanolin rich yarns in the future, for sure: they're awesome to knit with, and they result in garments that wear and last extremely well.
I admit that I'm looking ahead to what's next too - a pretty, shiny lace project!